As home inspectors, we are not invested in whether or not the real estate sale proceeds. We do not seek referrals from sellers’ brokers. We have only one client: you, the buyer.
Why hire J. May Home Inspections?
- We have been in the home inspection business since 1988.
- We have conducted over 3000 pre-purchase home inspections.
- We are extremely thorough.
- We follow the “Standards of Practice” of the State as well as of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
- After one of our inspections, you will be in a better position to decide how to proceed with your offer.
- We want to educate the buyer on how systems in the home operate.
- We give the buyer a copy of “How to Operate Your Home: An Owners’ Manual for Your Home,” by Tom Feiza (Mr. Fix-It).
- We also work with propery owners to help them set priorities for repairs.
What does your home inspection include?
We report on visible conditions in systems and areas of the home, including:
- heating and cooling systems
- electrical system
- kitchen (excluding appliances)
- interior ceilings, walls and floors
- exterior siding, windows and doors
What is your fee structure?
Our fees depend on:
- the type of property (condominium, single family, two family, three family)
- the size and age of the property
- the number of bathrooms and mechanical systems (heating and cooling)
- whether there is an additional building on the lot (garage or barn)
Please contact us at any time to discuss in greater detail our inspection services.